In order to make your website accessible, you will have to put it on line at a host.
Which hosting formula to choose?
Before we look at the choice of the host in itself, let us take a moment to look at the hosting options.
When you arrive for the first time on the site of a host is usually panic: we offer you to choose from a multitude of different formulas all expressed with technical terms you are not familiar: shared hosting, a server dedicated, VPS, cloud, etc.
Let’s try to see a little more clearly.
Very schematically, your website will be hosted on one or more servers that will have given technical performance: namely a disk space and a quantity of memory.
In this context, the first question to ask you is the mode of hosting, here you have the choice between:
- shared hosting: several websites, including yours, share the same server
- dedicated hosting: you have a server for yourself
- the cloud: you have several dedicated servers and can increase or decrease their number as you see fit.
As you can imagine, the cost of hosting and the performance of your website vary greatly depending on the type of hosting.
See our offers : Click here
So how to choose ?
This in fact quite simple. Ask yourself the following 2 questions:
- How much will I invest each month in my website in advertising, content creation, and SEO?
- Can I afford to be offline from time to time?
Internet is a very effective customer acquisition channel but not free. Without a minimum investment, it is unlikely that your website will attract a lot of traffic.
We, therefore, advise you to consider initially the cost of hosting, and the performance associated with it.
If you are afraid to be mistaken with a hosting formula, should you know that it is usually very easy to switch to a more efficient formula if needed.
How to choose my host?
The choice in hosting is quite wide, let’s see here what are important before you decide:
- Reliability: The reliability of the host is measured by the availability of the server, expressed as a percentage of the total rental period.
- After sales service of your host is key because it is him you depend on to put your site online if there is a problem on the server.
The points to check here are the opening hours of the hotline, its cost, and the responsiveness in case of emergency.
- The location of the data centers
- Specialization: The last criterion according to us is the specialty of the host. Some hosts are cloud specialists and are doing just that, others stand out rather on shared and dedicated hosting.
Therefore our advice here is to choose your host based on his specialization to take full advantage of his expertise.